On this day my Mum arrived on this earth, I was married, and victory was declared in Europe.
Not bad all round.
Oh and here are some step by step instructions for obtaining rose water if you are making a cake requiring said ingredient, but your local retail outlet doesn’t have any in stock:
- Attend new toddler group
- Befriend a Mum newly arrived from Australia (preferably her shipping containers will have arrived that morning).
- Randomly drop into conversation your need for rose water.
- Find out she lives opposite your Auntie Thelma.
- Force feed your toddler the remains of their apple and blackcurrant to free up a suitable container.
- Drop by new friend’s house and load up on prized ingredient purchased in Melbourne (be sure to compliment new friend on giant pouffe).
- Wheel toddler and rose water towards home.
- Temporarily forget where ingredient is stored. Feel slightly guilty as toddler resorts to licking buggy handle for relief.
- Buy carton of apple juice from newsagents in a bid to remedy situation.
- Arrive home and make cake.